Immunization is an essential component of Preventative Medicine and an important part of Family Medicine. Please ask the Doctor or Nursing Sister for advice regarding your immunization status.
Adult immunization is often neglected and many adults do not realise that they need booster doses of the childhood vaccines in order for immunity to be sustained. Furthermore, new vaccines are becoming available all the time and these should be considered in all patients.
- HEPATITIS A AND B
- QUADRA – the 4 in 1 vaccine against Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis and Polio.
- GARDASIL AND CERVARIX (HPV vaccine) – essential for all girls and boys from 9 years of age to prevent HPV related (wart virus) disease of the cervix (cancer of the cervix) in later life.
- FLU VACCINE – this needs to be repeated annually in March/April to prevent seasonal flu.
- ZOSTAVAX – Shingles vaccine, essential for everyone over 50 years of age to prevent Shingles (Zoster) which is a particularly painful and often severe disease.
- MENINGOCOCCAL VACCINE – against meningitis
- PNEUMOCOCCAL VACCINE – against Pneumonia
Dr Peta Lynn Jearey
Ask me or my Nursing Sister for advice regarding your immunization status.
Over 60 years of Family Practice experience
Drs Dalziel and Jearey have more than 60 years of Family Practice experience between them and have a thriving partnership that is enhanced by a highly competent team of Doctors and other Medical Professionals who all contribute to our Vision of being at the forefront of Family Medicine in South Africa.